Monday, January 14, 2013

A Beginning

I'll also try to hone my drawing skills on MS Paint on this blog
When I was really young, I used to think that I was the only conscious and sentient person in the world and that all of reality around me was a show run essentially by robots. I later found out that this was called solipsism, the idea that only I had the ability to think and feel. And of course, it was before I learned about the theory of mind, the idea that other people could have sophisticated mental states just like my own.

For me, that was the beginning of my need to separate myself from everyone else. I always felt that I needed to be different, to feel like I knew a bit more than everyone else because I didn't want to become just another robot. Of course, this brought along with it a lot of narcissism which I'm still recovering from, but nonetheless it is an essential part of who I am.

As we shall see, this is the drive that has constantly allowed me to experiment, evolve, and try new methods of accomplishing tasks. In the coming days, I will talk about how this was and still is a cornerstone of who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash