Thursday, January 17, 2013

Don't forget to smell the roses

stop and smell the roses
I was looking through some of my old posts on LawStudents.ca and found the following:

I think it's important to realize that it never really hurts for you to take some time to slow down and smell the roses. The extra year in undergrad that I took was invaluable in landing me an amazing job upon graduation. Some of the people that I met in that year have become close friends and our relationships are priceless and will continue to be. After I graduated, I had to take a year off and work before I can attend law school (because I didn't do my LSAT during my undergrad). I took this extra time to learn about industry, the market, personal investment, and how to set up the rest of my adult life. This knowledge allowed me to build bridges and communicate with people from all walks of life. Some of these people are amazing people who will guide me and build me up as my life continues.

Life is a journey not a race, so don't forget to slow down, smell the roses, and just enjoy being alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash