Thursday, January 17, 2013

Taking Charge of Learning (cont'd)

"The standard pace is for chumps" - Kimo
Entrepreneur Derek Sivers wrote about his own story when talking about taking charge of learning. At an early age, he figured out that institutionalized education was catered to the average person. There is no reason why you have to learn at the exact pace that people tell you to. As Derek says, "the system is designed so anyone can keep up." So why waste all that time surfing Facebook in class when you know that you can do so much more?

I'm keeping today's post short because I really hope you will click the above link and read Derek's story. Even to this day, it is still one of the few lessons that I keep reminding myself of each day. It allows me to push myself and not waste time on things that I will regret on later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash